Sunday, September 6, 2015

4 Reasons You"re Failing to Fall Asleep

4 Reasons You"re Failing to Fall Asleep
http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/666ecc1175c3b45024de904b5c52c8bf3c37ed8c6879e657cbe78150925f9c30.jpg

Sleep: something that I always want more of but can never seem to get enough of. Sometimes I try and go to bed at a reasonable hour, but it takes me sooo long to fall asleep that it is no better than staying up late. Our generation has a tough time with sleep because of all of the distractions around us and because of our before-bed habits. We are supposed to get around 7-9 hours of sleep, but it is so hard to do! Here are 4 reasons why you may be having trouble getting some shut-eye. 

1. You eat a big dinner before you go to bed.f95173345f29ad4e005b86268f260add72afe595e173f827c99baae58de838f5

I had a doctor tell me once that the reason I was having trouble falling asleep was because I was eating my meals too late at night and my body was working so hard to digest my food that it wouldn"t let me fall asleep. Big dinners with fatty foods take long to digest so they keep your body awake, so try and eat a larger lunch and a smaller, healthier dinner! 

2. Caffination situation.

Yes, that soda you had at 9 pm was delicious, but it was also packed with caffine that will keep you buzzing for hours. Don"t drink caffine after 2 pm. This will give it time to metabolize and won"t stimulate you into the night. 

3. One word: Netflix. 

I know you want to catch up on the latest season of PLL, but one episode can become a 4 hour binge and before you know it the clock says it is 3 a.m. and you have to work at 8 a.m.! Yikes. Plus, all of that viewing can affect your body"s melatonin production, which helps your body create that sleepy feeling you get. Power down and let the sand man take over. 

4. You HAVE to catch up on your social media. 

You may think that browsing your insta one last time will help you calm down and settle in for the night, but that is actually not the case! Studies show that teens who unplug and stay away from social media before bed sleep better and longer! 

 Does any of this sound like you? I have to work on powering down my cell and turning off my Netflix earlier so that I can enjoy better sleep. What about you? 

XOXO, Chels 


Read More at ChelseaCrockett.com

Tags: #4ReasonsYouReFailingToFallAsleep, #FallAsleep, #LifeAdvice, #LifeTips, #Lifestyle, #NoCaffine, #SleepAdvice, #SleepTips, #Chelsea Crockett, #Beautyliciousinsider, #Chelseacrockett, #Chelsea, #Beautylicious, %Tags%, Chelsea Crockett, Beautyliciousinsider, Chelseacrockett, Chelsea, Beautylicious, Makeup, Beauty, Fashion, Cometics, Youtube, beauty guru
Category: #Beauty, Beauty

By: Chels

See Chelsea Crockett - BeautyLiciousInsider on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment