Monday, June 6, 2016

What Does The Bible Say About Cursing?

What Does The Bible Say About Cursing?
http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/chelsea-crockett-curse-words.jpg

I grew up in a household where cussing pretty much never happened. I always assumed it had something to do with our religion, but I never knew exactly why we didn’t cuss. As I grew up, my friends started using curse words more and more, and in high school, almost everyone uses curse words pretty frequently. As I got to be around it more and more, it became harder and harder to not cuss, just because when you are surrounded by it, it is easy to pick up on it. I have had people notice that I don’t cuss, and they ask me about it. I have also had people ask me what Christians really think about cussing because they know about my Faith. I wanted to be able to answer them wisely, so I did some research. If you have ever wondered what the Bible says about cussing, because I sure did, here is what I found:

  1. Colossians 3:8- But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.
  2. Ephesians 4:29- Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.wpid-Photo-20151130090532476
  3. Psalm 34:13-14- Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
  4. Psalm 141:3- Set a guard, OLord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!
  5. Proverbs 21:23-Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.

The Bible pretty much says that if the words out of your mouth are angry, full of wrath, obscene, evil, deceitful, and can create trouble (all things cuss words are, pretty much), then they should not be spoken. Guard your words, a lot of people will look to you to see how you act and what you say! You are representing Christ! Make Him look good.

XOXO, Chels


Read More at ChelseaCrockett.com

Tags: #Bible, #BibleAdvice, #BibleVerses, #BiblicalAdvice, #CurseWords, #Cursing, #Faith, #LifeAdvice, #LifeTips, #Lifestyle, #TeenTalk, #Chelsea Crockett, #Beautyliciousinsider, #Chelseacrockett, #Chelsea, #Beautylicious, %Tags%, Chelsea Crockett, Beautyliciousinsider, Chelseacrockett, Chelsea, Beautylicious, Makeup, Beauty, Fashion, Cometics, Youtube, beauty guru
Category: #TeenTalk, Teen Talk

By: Chels

See Chelsea Crockett - BeautyLiciousInsider on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment