Sunday, September 21, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Busy, Busy, Busy!
http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/stayfocused1.jpg

Hello, I would like to introduce myself to all of the fellow insiders and Mama’s out there! My name is Jen I will appear as a guest blogger from time to time. I come from a social work background, and I am excited to be sharing with you thoughts and stories on life and all of the blessings, joys, hurts, and trials that come along with it.


I don’t know about you, but I find it all too easy to get carried away with busyness and I am easily distracted by the simple cares of my everyday life! I always find myself caught up in the little things, you know, like what I am going to cook for dinner tonight? When am I going to make it back to Target to pick up all the things I forgot last time I was there? And how on earth I am going to be able to fit in a few good trips work outs this week? These types of things go through my mind constantly and make me feel like I will never be on top of life!


When I really sit down and think about how flustered I get by all of these silly distractions, I see that being consumed by the trivial busyness of everyday life leaves me nothing but empty! Sure, having a clean kitchen, snagging a good work out, and enjoying a relaxing trip to Target with a Frappuccino in hand are all wonderful, but the momentary happiness I get from the little things makes me wonder if being caught up in all the “extras” is really just a means to escape deeper desires and longings.


We all have those big unsettling questions in our lives…


“Where do I belong?”


“Is my life meaningful and purposeful?”


“Why did that happen to me? I did not deserve it.”


“Am I really known? And loved?…”


We can bounce around from place to place completing task after task, but at the end of the day, a checked off To Do list does not bring any sustenance or meaning to our lives.


There are these two ladies in the Bible named Mary and Martha. Now these two were sisters, and they both had a special opportunity one day to have Jesus into their home for a visit. When he arrived the two sisters had very different reactions to Jesus’ presence. Luck chapter 10 tells us that Mary sat down before Jesus quietly to listen to all that he had to say. Martha scurried about the home serving everyone who was there. Naturally Martha became frustrated that Mary was neglecting to help entertain their guests and so said to Jesus, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” But Jesus answered her by saying, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”


Mary sat before Jesus to listen to all he had to say about what is truly meaningful in life, while Martha got distracted from a rich and meaningful experience by being caught up in busyness.


My challenge to you is this: Let the distractions of the day slip away and take time to sit before Jesus. Pray. Spend time in the Bible. Let Him speak to your heart, and let Him tell you that you belong in His love, that He offers you meaning and purpose, and that He is there to heal your heart. He is there if you will only take the time to listen.


-Jenny



Read More at ChelseaCrockett.com

Tags: #Jesus, #MamasCorner, #StayFocused, #Chelsea Crockett, #Beautyliciousinsider, #Chelseacrockett, #Chelsea, #Beautylicious, Jesus, mamas corner, stay focused, Chelsea Crockett, Beautyliciousinsider, Chelseacrockett, Chelsea, Beautylicious, Makeup, Beauty, Fashion, Cometics, Youtube, beauty guru
Category: #"TheWORD.", "The WORD."

By: Jenny Childerson

See Chelsea Crockett - BeautyLiciousInsider on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment